2014 University Bursary Programme at Xstrata Coal South Africa
Location: SA,, South Africa
Closing Date: 31 May 2013
We’re Different. We’re Xstrata. Xstrata Coal South Africa is a world leading coal producer. We have operations in the Witbank Coalfields and are coal exporters in South Africa. We’re respected, safety obsessed and community aware. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and employment equity. So, with more top projects already in our pipeline, your career and future development prospects look bright.
2013 University Bursary Programme
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- BCom (Financial Management)
Please note the minimum requirements:
- For Engineering disciplines, you must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in Mathematics and Science and 5 (60%-69%) in English, as per the requirements of institutions.
- For Finance, a minimum rating of 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English is needed.
All candidates must have a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of the Bursary Award, as this is a requirement of the Mine and the Health and Safety Act.
The Bursary covers the costs of the following:
- Registration and tuition fees
- Residence and meals fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Personal allowance
- Any compulsory excursions or seminar which may be required
- Laptop and printer.
- You’ll also get the opportunity to do paid vacation work.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Xstrata Coal SA.
How to apply
Interested? You’ll need to send in a detailed CV, letter of application telling us about your current academic endeavours (Grade 12, 1st or 2nd year studies) and what your preferred or current field of study is, as well as a certified copy of your ID and latest results if currently in Grade 12 (include Grade 11 results).
Forward all this to Delsie Ditshego, the HRD Administrator at fax: 086 556 5844 or e-mail: email@example.com or click on the link below to begin your application online.
Closing date: Friday 31 May 2013
If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please accept your application as unsuccessful